Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blog15: Final

If I were to look at myself back from September nothing much has changed about me in terms of ideology, philosophy, and perception of the world. What has changed me entirely for the last three months were the philosophical discussions we’ve had in class after watching a movie. Before writing about our philosophical input in our blogs, the class would discuss the situations the main character had to go through in order to achieve their goal. Wither that be to save lives from a burning plane and allow someone to take the credit for it in order to pay for their son’s college fund, or trying to lie about his identity to accomplish their childhood dream of getting into space. I’ve learned to accept and listen to other classmate’s view points on their stand of the situation given. Some I may disagree with while others I’ve learned a new perspective on what I haven’t realized.
For example if I were on a boat with fifty people who survived from a sinking ship and only had room to save ten people. I pick children since they are the most fragile and innocent, while another classmate said he would mostly save men. Though may sound sexist still logical since men are stronger than children and have the capability of rowing the boat faster. In survival you’d normally forget about what’s close to you and start thinking in a way you’d normally wouldn’t even sacrificing women and children to get to safety. My point is that this class along with the philosophical discussions has changed my perception about LaGuardia and the classes we take. Back in September I thought taking English class would mainly about writing papers and refer to your syllabus. Having these discussions have changed my college experience as well as using the blogs.
When Professor Luke told us about our assignments being posted up as blogs this made me skeptical. At first I thought It was pointless and silly since it’s the use of the internet and nothing good ever came out of the internet it just seem weird to me. Eventually I got used to blogging my opinions and getting helpful feedback from my classmates. Not only do I focus on the writer in me but also focus on the reader and what they are interested in. Not much has changed with me as an individual but my perception and writing skills have. Though may sound cheesy I’ve now know how to be organized and express my ideas in a coherent paragraphs to express my opinions to the internet audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment