Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog 4

1) From what I gather during these four weeks of class is organizing my ideas and more in depth with my thesis/topics. I mention before in my about me blog that I want to become a writer specifically a comic writer, because I have a passion for it since I was fifteen. I had been told that I can come up with great ideas but keep having a problem with writing them on paper. My problem is that I sometimes having trouble organizing my material when writing an essay and it becomes a jumbling mess. In this class I learn how to create topic sentences, free writing, and clustering ideas to organize by paragraph.
          Topic sentence is nothing new for I have been doing it since high school and that’s all they teach about in the SAT essay portion of the test. This is not an issue for me except after my topic sentence I would sometimes meander away from the main point and not make a whole lot of sense, which free writing comes in. I’ve been taught by my sixth grade teacher about free writing but I never took it seriously and underestimated it. Eventually it came back to bite me in the worst case scenario when writing my first essay for this class. Not only could I get my ideas and main thesis pointed out, but also kept changing the introduction or any random sentence that I felt didn’t sound right. I’m practicing free writing more since I can jot down anything about the topic I’m writing and judge it later. For organization I write down a list of ideas that can go with my topic sentence and cluster the ones they have in common. This makes it easy for me to organize my ideas and improves my writing skills.
2) Interacting with other students from a different class was fun since now I can get feedback from someone else who stays up all night with nothing better to do then annoy my professor about my essay. Being an ass aside I can receive criticism of my work from the students prospective while learning what I can do to improve and make my blog post interesting to read. Though weird since I’m not use to having anyone else besides the professor seeing my work and now having my work display like a dog show contest is a new experience for me. So yes, these comment post I keep getting from students in ENA 099 or ENG101 are really helpful (please don’t stop). What is weird for me is that while pursuing a career as a writer I’ve become a very critical person, I guess it’s a package deal. Judging someone else’s work comes easy for me and makes me sound like a cold/calculative person. I’m the exact opposite in person though. I can get a bit harsh sometimes so I apologies to anyone I offend and will offend in the future (YOU HAVE BEEN Warned!!!!*laser beams are coming out of my cat’s mouth*).    

3) I love watching movies, since I’m becoming a writer I need more inspiration then just books and comics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment